Sunday 20 November 2011

Another simple gift idea!

I decided to make some soap cupcakes for presents using the rebatching method mentioned in earlier posts. I used silicon cupcake moulds for the bases and added colour and essential for scent. For the tops I scoured shops until I found some cheap  plastic bubble bath containers and cut the bottoms off and melted the soap in the usual way. I left them to set and as the shapes are a bit complex I put them in the freezer to make them cool before gently pushing out the soaps. The tops shapes fit onto the bottoms by putting a teaspoon of warm water which melts the soap enough for you to place, they set as the soap hardens. So I made;
- chocolate and cinnamon (using real cocoa powder)
-strawberry and vanilla
- lemon and almond.
They smell beautiful and make a lovely gift. Why not give them a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment